|Job Opening: Quality Improvement Analyst|
QUALIFICATIONS: An example of acceptable qualifications for this position: Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Public Administration, or related field; four (4) or more years in affordable housing management, program compliance, financial reporting, or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and/or training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: N/A
EQUIPMENT OPERATED: The following are examples only and are not intended to be all inclusive. Calculator, computer, computer software (e.g., Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Scyphus, OnBase, Adobe, and other applicable computer software), mobile phone, fax machine, copier, scanner, telephone, projector, and other standard modern business office equipment.
INHERENTLY HAZARDOUS OR PHYSICALLY DEMANDING WORKING CONDITIONS:
Employee ascends and/or descends ladders, stairs, or scaffolds; works in a confined space; has exposure to chemical compounds found in an office environment (e.g., toner, correction fluid, etc.); is exposed to possible injury from unclean or unsanitary conditions; has contact with potentially violent or emotionally distraught persons or vicious animals or life threatening situations; exposure to hazardous driving conditions; this is considered sedentary work and the employee must demonstrate the ability to perform the physical demands required of the position in accordance with the U.S. Department of Labor’s physical demands strength ratings.
In cases of emergency, unpredictable situations, and/or department needs, may be required to lift, push, pull, and/or carry objects heavier than D.O.L. strength ratings recommend.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION: For purposes of 42 USC 12101:
(1) Independently interprets, applies, and scores quality reviews in accordance with Federal, HUD, and agency administrative regulations and requirements, both current and as amended in the future. Completes Quality File Reviews accurately and timely. Reviews include both file documentation and calculation. Reports quality improvement performance, trends, or significant findings. Collaborates with administrative staff to maintain QI departmental reporting and monitoring mechanisms.
(2) Supports consistency and clarification of HUD and agency rules and regulations as it pertains to quality reviews. Completes research and provides citations of supporting regulatory regulations for reviews. Responds to questions and inquiries regarding compliance and quality of assigned reviews. Clearly identifies and consistently communicates quality review processes. Meets established qualitative review goals.
(3) Assists in the administration of Section 8 HAP Contracts in accordance with ACC, Federal law, HUD regulations and requirements, both current and amended by assessing operating policies, procedures, and regulatory compliance. Attends Quality and Compliance meetings. Collaborates with administration and third-party contractors on all agency related compliance goals. Attends HUD, Affordable Housing, and HCV Program Compliance trainings and seminars. Makes recommendations for application of new and existing regulatory requirements for Quality Audits. Assists with agency audits as necessary. Collaborates with Manager to meet department goals and objectives. Must have solutions-oriented approach.
(4) Prepares, updates, and maintains detailed files, reports, and summaries. Maintains records in accordance with established program and governmental policy. Responds fully and promptly to requests for data and records. Independently tracks cumulative reports and summaries. Meets deadlines for completion and submission of reports and summaries. Meets established quantitative review goals.
(5) Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
(6) Maintains required licensure and/or certification.
(7) Meets all job safety requirements and all applicable OSHA safety standards that pertain to essential functions.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(8) Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE CHARACTERISTICS: (*indicates
developed after employment)
Knowledge of: accounting principles; office practices and procedures; *Agency/department goals and objectives; *Agency/department policies and procedures; *workplace safety practices and procedures; *personnel rules and regulations; supervisory principles and practices; computer software; community resources and services; records management; personnel administration; office management; government structure and process; public administration; state, federal, and local laws and/or regulations; employee training and development; local geographical area; business administration; English grammar and spelling; pertinent HUD regulations; federal, state, and local laws and regulations pertaining to public housing authorities; Housing Choice Voucher and affordable housing policy and regulations.
Skills in: computer operation; use of modern office equipment; listening; customer service; organization, planning, and time management.
Ability to: interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, picture, or schedule form; deal with problems involving several variables within familiar context; define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; exercise independent judgment and discretion; understand, interpret, and apply laws, rules, or regulations to specific situations; read, copy, and records figures accurately; add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers; calculate fractions, decimals, and percentages; copy records precisely without error; complete forms; prepare correspondence; compile and prepare reports; respond to routine inquiries from public and/or officials; prepare and deliver speeches and presentations; communicate effectively; train or instruct others; understand a variety of written and/or verbal communications; maintain records according to established procedures; handle sensitive inquiries from and contacts with officials and general public; develop and maintain effective working relationships; resolve complaints; travel to and gain access to work site; maintain confidentiality.